ISU Independent Chairperson – Voluntary Position
A strong and well organised Independent Chairperson is required, with excellent interpersonal skills, clear understanding of community development principles, humanitarian issues, and a desire to be a part of the project is required.
Tasks will include:
- To attend four meetings throughout the year.
- To Chair the Advisory committee and any additional ISU meetings convened as a response to specific and exceptional circumstances.
- To contribute to the organisation’s Annual Report by way of Chair’s address.
- To provide a strong leadership role to the Advisory Committee and to ensure an independent, objective, and guidance identity. To provide challenge when needed and to hold Advisory Board members and ISU staff to account.
- To provide professional advice and input into the initiatives and supports of the Integration and Support Unit.
- To gather input from/serve as a liaison with relevant constituencies, provide feedback to organisation from the community.
- Monitoring and strengthening of programmes and services, ensuring appropriate use of financial resources, and enhancing the organisation’s public standing.
For more details or information on how to apply, please see http://www.activelink.ie/content/community-exchange/volunteering/16681
Closing date for applications is the 15th August 2014.