On Friday 28th February we were lucky to have the opportunity to team up with WLR FM and in particular the Deise AM show with Billy McCarthy to bring that mornings broadcast to WLR FM listeners live from the Edmund Rice Centre, Mount Sion, Barrack Street, Waterford.
Our aim was to give listeners a good, overall view of the wide variety of meetings and bookings that take place here in the centre on a weekly basis. To enable us to do this, we were able to give the chance to a selection of our centre users to represent their groups during a short conversation with Billy. The groups that spoke on the day were:
- Conor Ryan of Down Syndrome Ireland
- Dawn O’Brien, who offers a low cost counselling service
- Harry Knox of De La Salle Communicators
- May Doyle of the Edmund Rice Active Retirement Association
- Eileen Ryan on behalf of Bingo and the Young at Heart Group
- Kevin Campbell of Ancient Healings in the Bakehouse
- Michael Drohan of the C.O.P.D. Support Group
- Steve Bond of Belong
- Olive Blackwell of the Edmund Rice Choral Society
- Phil Brennan from the Waterford & Omagh Peace Choir
- Rachel Breen of Dulcet
- Kevin Mascarenhas, Casey O’Connor and Osas Usideme representing the ISU
- Anne Kennington, a yoga teacher
- Cathy Purcell of Rhythm & Shakes
- Phil Ryan and John Hearne representing the centre
Unfortunately as our time was limited, we were unable to address a lot of the activities that take place here, such as Indigo Fitness & Meditation, Cake Decorating Classes with Catherine Hartery, Jacqui Purcell’s fitness classes, Unislim, Compass Writers Group, Lorraine Elliot’s yoga classes, Yvonne Tyler’s yoga class, Qigong, Aware, Alcoholics Anonymous, African Catholic Community Waterford, Narcotics Anonymous, Legion of Mary, Waterford Stroke Club, Ballybricken Music Ministry, Mini Musos and Voci Choir just to name a few! Our apologies if we have missed out on anyone!!
If you would like any information on any of the above groups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org we would be more than happy to help.
The team at WLR were nice enough to send us some photos that were taken on the day which we have added to the gallery below for your viewing.